As of Saturday the 11th of July, Owners are allowed to visit their holiday homes in Wales.
To ensure the safety and smooth running of your holiday home upon your return, we've rounded up some simple steps. You can watch the video above, or read the same information below.
Clearing Water from Your Pipes
Clarach Bay Holiday Village flushes through our park's infrastructure on a regular basis, so the chances of bacteria forming are low. However, there may be water still in your pipework so we suggest you do the following steps:
- - Open all windows in your holiday home to ensure good ventilation
- - Turn on all taps (hot and cold) and allow to run for a minimum of 2 minutes
- - Don't forget external taps! Making sure you remove hose pipes first
- - Close toilet seats and flush all toilets twice
- - Run your washing machine and dishwasher through for a full cycle, prior to using them
To prepare your shower, please do the following:
- 1. Cover your shower head with a plastic bag
- 2. Cut the top corner off
- 3. Run the shower for two minutes through the plastic bag. The use of the plastic bag stops any unnecessary spray
- 4. We also recommend descaling the showerhead
Turning on your gas
Your gas may need purging, due to air loss. To do this:
- - Turn on the hob until it is lit, then you'll know that the gas is flowing correctly
- - If you need any assistance, please contact Reception
- - Check your gas bottles to see that you have enough
- - If you need a new one, leave enough time for delivery
Other steps to take
We understand that you will want to get everything up and running as soon as possible. We just have a few more precautions we'd recommend you follow to ensure everything is working perfectly.
- - Try to avoid turning on a number of electrical items in close succession as this could overload the power and cause it to trip
- - Descale your kettle
- - Check the expiry dates on any items in your freezer
- - Check your fire and carbon monoxide alarms are working, as batteries may need replacing
Get in contact
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the Reception team who will always be happy to help. Or use the contact form. Our latest guidance for what is and isn't allowed on the holiday park can be found HERE.