CLARACH BAY HOLIDAY VILLAGE (HEATHERDALE HOLIDAYS LTD) BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Unless where stated otherwise these Booking Terms and Conditions apply to all self-catering bookings.
Clarach Bay Holiday Village is a family business. Our guests' enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following terms and conditions before making your booking. We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these terms and conditions, or who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the Park immediately. In these circumstances, the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
How to Book
Bookings can be made in the following ways:
1. by telephone on 0333 3582030 using a credit/debit card; or
2. using our online booking service at www.clarachbay.com
A contract exists as soon as we have issued our booking confirmation to you. Your booking confirmation will be either emailed to you or sent by post. You should check this document carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. This contract is with Clarach Bay Holiday Village. Please inform us immediately if you notice any discrepancy in your booking confirmation.
The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
1. The person who makes the booking is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 18 years of age and that the party will not exceed the numbers that the accommodation can accommodate.
2. We cater for families and couples and do not accept bookings from all male or all female adult parties of three or more persons. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking.
3. You agree that your acceptance of this booking is not conditional upon being allocated any specific pitch on the Park.
4. You must arrive by no later than 9.00am on the morning after your holiday was due to start (“the Holiday Start Date”). If you are unable to arrive by this time, then you must let us know in advance of the Holiday Start Date of your intended late arrival time. If this is the case, the number to call is 0333 3582030.
5. If you have not arrived by 9.00am on the morning after the Holiday Start Date and you have not contacted us to inform us of your late arrival, then we will treat the holiday as having been cancelled and may retain the total costs you have paid for the Booking.
6. You will not be entitled to receive a refund if you depart before the end of the booked holiday, save where we have breached the terms of this contract with you.
7. You may apply to extend your stay at the Park. Please note that should we accept your application to extend your stay at the Park, we cannot guarantee that the same pitch will be available for the extended booking.
8. In order to confirm your booking you must first pay a minimum deposit of £100. The remaining balance of the price of your holiday booking must be paid at least 28 days before the first day of your holiday.
9. If the total cost of your holiday is less than £100, or if your holiday is due to start within 28 days of the date on which you made the booking, then you are required to pay the full price of your holiday at the point of booking.
10. The onus is on you to ensure that the balance is paid on time. If you fail to pay the balance of the price of your holiday within the timeframes stipulated in clauses 8 and 9 (above), then we may treat this as a cancellation of the holiday booking by you.
11. All of our holiday prices include VAT.
Self-Catering Holiday Accommodation (e.g. a Caravan or Lodge):
12. Please note that our caravans are regularly upgraded at the Park. This may mean that the layout of your accommodation will occasionally differ from that shown on the website.
13. All of our self-catering accommodation is strictly non-smoking.
14. Accommodation is available from 4.00pm on the stated day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the agreed day of departure.
15. You must claim your keys for the accommodation before 5.00pm on the agreed day of your arrival. Guests are asked to advise reception if they do not expect to arrive by 5.00pm. If this is the case, the number to call is 0333 3582030.
16. You must fit protective sheets on all beds used by young children in hired accommodation.
17. You must inform us of any damage or breakages caused by you or anyone in your party. Any such damages or breakages in the accommodation must be paid for by you.
The Park Rules
18. You agree to comply with the Park Rules, a copy of which is enclosed with these Booking Terms and Conditions. The Park Rules can also be viewed online at www.clarachbay.com and are available from the reception desk at any of our Parks.
19. Pets are not allowed unless we say so on the website. You must add your pet to your party at the point of booking. We recommend that any dog must have insurance which includes sufficient pet liability cover and you are wholly responsible for the supervision and behaviour of your pet at all times. If you take a pet with you, it is not allowed upstairs, on beds or furniture, or in any shared facilities, such as swimming pools, shops, or bars & clubs. You must not leave any pets unattended in the accommodation, including any garden, and you must keep dogs on a lead within the boundaries of an accommodation (including the garden). Children must not be left alone with any animal. Registered assistance dogs are allowed in most accommodations featured on our websites, even if the accommodation description says that pets are not allowed. If you or any member of the party has a pet allergy, we cannot guarantee that dogs, or other pets, have not stayed in your chosen accommodation, even if the Owner does not allow pets, nor can we accept any responsibility for any subsequent health reaction. Sometimes, Owners may take their own pets to an accommodation. It is your responsibility to make specific enquiries before booking. You should also read the information on taking pets on holiday included on our website. If there is a charge for taking a pet, you will be told at the time of booking.
20. We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog from the park if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests.
21. Nothing in these Booking Terms and Conditions or the Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence. Similarly, no charge will be incurred for bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
Holiday Behaviour Standards and Termination
22. By making a booking with us you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party (including children), to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
1. To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and other guests.
2. To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
23. You further agree that you will not:
1. commit any criminal offence at the Park or undertake any criminal activity
2. commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance
3. keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon at the Park
4. use any unlawful drugs
5. create any undue noise or disturbance
6. carry on any trade or business while on the Park.
24. Quiet hours are from 9.00pm until 7.00am. Please respect your fellow guests and keep noise to an absolute minimum.
Health and Safety
25. We take the wellbeing and safety of our guests very seriously and we ask that you comply with the following:
1. The speed limit on the park is 5 mph.
2. All vehicles must conform to the Road Traffic Act and have current tax, MOT and insurance. The provisions of the Highway Code apply to the roads on the park.
3.Guests are not allowed to bring lorries or other commercial vehicles on to the park. This includes towing vehicles.
4. No recreational vehicles can be used on the park. This includes motorised scooter, electric bikes and hoverboards
5. No mechanical or repair work is to be undertaken on the park.
6. Only 1 vehicle can be parked next to the pitch. All other vehicles including trailers and boats must be parked in the main parking area.
7. Please make yourself aware of the nearest fire point.
Our full Health and Safety Policy is available for inspection in Reception.
26. If you wish to cancel your booking reservation you must let us know immediately by:
1. telephone on 0333 3582030; and
2. sending written confirmation to us, including a copy of your invoice/booking confirmation email to: [email protected]
27. Your cancellation will be effective from the date which we receive your written notification.
28. Save where clauses 29-34 apply, if you decide to cancel your booking within 28 days of the Holiday Start Date then you will be liable for a proportion of the total holiday cost (including the deposit), in accordance with the following scale:
1. If you cancel more than 28 days before the Holiday Start Date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £30.
2. If you cancel less than 28 days but more than 8 days before the Holiday Start Date, you will be charged the higher of the following sums either:
1. 50% of the total holiday cost; or
2. £50, where the total holiday cost is less than £100.
3. If you cancel less than 7 days before the Holiday Start Date, you will not receive any refund.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Postponement and Cancellation
29. This clause explains when you, or we, may cancel or agree to postpone your holiday due to Government restrictions. We prefer that you postpone but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
30. We promise to keep all our customers safe. We ask you not to book if the law prevents you visiting or staying with us, or if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us even if the law still allows you to. Our promise also means that there are limited circumstances in which we may need to cancel your holiday.
31. Either of us has the right to cancel your holiday, or any unused days if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us. If your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full less any costs we have already incurred on your holiday which we cannot recover elsewhere (“Direct Costs”). If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel, again less any Direct Costs. We will not charge an administration fee.
32. Either of us also has the right to cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to do so. If your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee and we will not deduct any Direct Costs.
Changes to our facilities and services
33. We may make reasonable changes to the facilities and services at the park provided these changes do not materially reduce their quality. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example, to address a health and safety risk.
34. If we make changes to the facilities and services at the park which materially reduce their quality, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing to new booking dates with us or cancelling. If your holiday has not started and you decide to cancel, then we will refund your booking in full. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee, and we will not deduct any Direct Costs.
35. Every care is taken to ensure that all information is accurate at the time of being published. Park photographs are taken at our Parks and are intended for guidance only. Layout plans and artist’s impressions are for illustrative purposes only. Not all facilities and activities are identical at all Parks. Due to operational circumstances, activities may sometimes be withdrawn. All maps shown are for representation only and mileages shown throughout the website are approximate and depend on the route taken.
36. We do not accept liability for any personal injury, loss or damage that may be sustained by you or any members of your party during your booking, except if it arises in connection with negligence caused by the company, its servants or agents.
37. If you have a complaint about anything during your holiday, please raise it with a member of our staff immediately. We suggest, where possible, that you try and complete a report about the complaint while you are on holiday. If do you wish to pursue the complaint with us following your departure, then please email [email protected] within 28 days of your departure.